The chronicle of a dark and dangerous journey through a world gone mad.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

On President Trump and Eating Crow

During the last election, I vehemently opposed Trump.  I had good reasons.  Donald Trump showed no reasonable qualifications for the job except enough money to run without party support.  He has a problematic past.  And, he found much of his appeal in a class of voter that represents what is wrong with American politics.  There was simply no good reason to predict that a Donald Trump presidency would be anything short of a disaster.

But, to my shock and amazement, Donald Trump has governed very well.  He has done many of the things that other presidential candidates promised without actually intending to carry through.  He has governed wisely, if brashly, and exposed both the GOP and deep state for what they are. 

Trump's presidency has been plagued with deep state coups, GOP recalcitrance and absolute, violence in streets, war by the left.  Another GOP candidate probably wouldn't have generated this intense, visceral antipathy.  But, another GOP candidate might not have actually kept his word to the voters.  None have in my memory.

So, I have to say that I fully support Donald Trump as my president and will continue to do so as long he was governs well.  Had I known then what I know now, I would probably have voted for him warts and all. 

1 comment:

  1. This was my thoughts on a good read: I came around to Trump when he was the last man standing. I knew that Hilary would be the VERY WORST thing that could happen at the VERY WORST time. Mr. Trump was the only one left and I saw that as the LORD. He was the only tool left. I wanted Ted Cruz and for some really good reasons which I still believe are valid. But, I also see now that Ted Cruz for this time was not the right man. Some of the things that Trump has done I think Ted would have done better. Tax Reform is one. But, other like Jersulem I don't think Ted would have done it. I am still puzzled on the timing and must think it is of the LORD. One thing that is a VERY strong suit for a Child of GOD is to be able to say, I was wrong. Most religions don't have such a thing. Most people without the LORD find saying it and believing it is impossible. They give excuses rather than just saying I was wrong. I see how wonderful my LORD is because HE heard my prayers and HE said, no I won't give you the answer you want, I will give you the answer you need and the true base for your prayer. Which went something like this, Lord save our nation from Hilary and let Ted win. The LORD knocked off the and let Ted win, rewrote my prayer to Lord save our nation from Hilary and let Trump win. One T word made all the difference. So glad the LORD is my prayer editor. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete