The chronicle of a dark and dangerous journey through a world gone mad.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Impressed .... And a little shocked!

As you probably know from my previous posts, our farmhouse was burglarized last week.  Now that my anger is subsiding, there is something that I need to say.

I am deeply impressed by the response of the Sequoyah County Sheriff's Department in this matter.  When my cousin John discovered the break in a deputy was there in less than an hour.  I was there within two hours and within an hour after that the deputy was back taking a supplemental report.  For a rural county with a small department and high crime rate, that is impressive response.  That was faster response than we could have gotten in Metro Tulsa.

Here in Metro Tulsa where there are literally hundreds of officers, a smaller land area to cover and two departments working offenses and sharing jurisdiction (PD and Sheriff's Dept.) officers simply do not respond to theft calls.  As a matter of fact, as evidenced by my past posts here they don't even respond to grand theft auto calls.  But, here in Sequoyah County, USA darn they still act like you are a person and your property is important to you.

The real capper came at lunch time today.  My phone rang and it was a Sequoyah County Sheriff's investigator.  She asked me a few more questions and I gave some further information.  I also described a possible suspect.  I was already in awe that they were treating my complaint like the real crime that it is instead of blowing it off like the officers do here in Tulsa.  But son of a gun, this lady was actually investigating and talking about pulling in a suspect or two for questioning.

In Tulsa, I would have been told to fill out a form online so that could send me a letter in 90 days telling me they were closing the investigation and the file on it.  After I got over my shock, I realized that this is how things are supposed to work.  That in the REAL AMERICA, cops still do their job and treat the community with respect.  Increasingly, Tulsa metro police are "too busy" for things like street crime and theft.  That is sad and counterproductive because the criminal class no longer respects the law, the police or the law abiding population.

I was ready to treat this like a "Tulsa Situation."  Before the nice Deputy called, I was already going through my files looking for the number of a tough young ex-Dallas cop PI I know who could go down there and ask some questions and shake some trees.  I was getting ready to make the telephone calls to local LEO's in Sequoyah County to let them know that my PI would be down there nosing around.  But after the nice Deputy's call, I realized that Sequoyah County is NOT TULSA and I don't have to pay someone to do the cop's job for them.  

Again, I'm impressed with Sequoyah County and saddened that Tulsa, my hometown, has become the mess it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment